The British Association of Paediatric Surgeons (BAPS) is a registered charity founded in 1953.
It maintains a permanent office in the Royal College of Surgeons of England, London and the Association has a truly International membership with over 800 members worldwide.
The primary aim of BAPS is to set the standards of care of paediatric surgical practice in the UK and Ireland.
The objectives of the Association
- To support Paediatric Surgical Practice.
- To promote advancement of study, practice and research in Paediatric Surgery.
- To maintain links with Sub-specialist Societies and other groups within Paediatric Surgery.
- To liaise with the Surgical and other Royal Colleges, Professions allied to medicine, and other relevant Professional and governmental bodies.
- To foster professional relations with Paediatric Surgeons overseas.
- To maintain the proper and prudent management of the resources of BAPS as a registered UK Charity in line with the requirements of the Charity Commission.
Mr Ian Sugarman , BAPS President