To promote the best evidence-based practice in plastic, reconstructive and aesthetic surgery in order to achieve the highest standard of patient care through professional support in education, research and the development of knowledge, by:
- Leading and guiding professional practice and being responsive to the needs of constituent members of the Association.
- The formation of a governing body to formulate and implement policy and manage the affairs of the Association.
- Defining professional competency in terms of knowledge and skills.
Promotion of under-graduate and post-graduate education and continuing professional development.
- Advancing the science of plastic surgery by stimulating and supporting research and disseminating knowledge at scientific meetings and Through the British Journal of Plastic Surgery.
- Being responsive to the needs and aspirations of patients and their representatives.
Mr Mark Henley, BAPRAS President
Mark Henley biography